José Moral & Javier Vilá, EcosimPro/PROOSIS
With the goal of expanding the range of application and capabilities of the ESPSS libraries, we have proposed a new project to ESA with the help of specialized collaborators. This project consists of the development of a complementary ESPSS toolkit to provide the libraries with new simulation capabilities in three areas:
- Guidance during the ascent of a launch vehicle, with control of the startup and shutdown sequence of the motors, the separation of the different stages and payloads, and optimization of the orientation of the thrust vector.
- Improvement of AOCS simulation capabilities, including a greater level of detail in the perturbations and dynamics of the vehicle sub-systems.
- Advanced capabilities of satellite simulation, including simulation of flexible bodies and simplified models of in-tank fuel movements.
This project is a first step in the expansion of the classic field of simulation of ESPSS propulsion systems and conversion of these libraries to a satellite simulation platform that is valid for any simulation need that may arise in a space mission, including:
- Propulsion and guidance systems of the launcher
- Orbital and attitude control
- Thermal Analysis
- Thermal Control
- Power systems